Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Psychic Seduction Author Spotlight Tour Day 3

Nola Cross

“Small town…big love.”

When it comes to love, sex, and seduction, these psychics break all the rules. Seven sexy stories and seven gifts of insight that will make you a believer.



What Drew You In...

Ever since I was a small child I’ve been fascinated by “the unseen”. Fortune tellers, palm readers and Tarot card experts all seemed so exotic to me, so blessed to have access to secret knowledge that no one else could know. As an adult I was drawn to recounts of near-death experiences, and the TV show Long Island Medium. My son and I even did a few ghost hunts in our small home town. 

All of this type of thing captivates my imagination, but for some reason I had never tried writing a story about it. But when Beachwalk Press announced they were going to publish a psychic themed anthology, I felt a definite nudge in that direction. For A HINT OF HEAVEN, I decided to see if I could combine my love of animals with the reading techniques used by Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium. Therefore, the heroine of the story, Carrie Westfield, helps people connect with pets who have crossed over. Of course then I needed to create an alpha hero who thinks initially that Carrie has a few screws loose. The natural conflict between them keeps things interesting from their first encounter. I hope readers will enjoy looking on as they work things out in a most satisfying way.


Here’s the official blurb:

Firefighter Jake Manley is a no-nonsense kind of guy. So when his little sister goes to see pet psychic Carrie Westfield, he lets the beautiful medium know he’s got a watchful eye on her. But somehow she does seem to know more than she should, including painful secrets from his past. When the helpful spirit of his boyhood dog shows up, things get even stranger, making him question everything he thought was true. Can Jake accept that life doesn’t end with death and let go of the guilt he’s carried all these years? More importantly, can he let Carrie Westfield into his heart? 


About Nola:


I’ve always, always wanted to be a writer. It’s both funny and sad how “real life” has gotten in the way of those dreams. It’s only in recent years that I’ve consistently carved out the time and energy to get any serious writing done. Now I am hearing the call of my heart: to write bigger stories that focus on emotion, loss, spirit, and true love, stories I hope my readers will relate to and want to read more than once. Small town America is my favorite fictional setting.

I live in a funky, comfortable fixer-upper on three wooded acres in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, in southwest Washington state. My husband and I run a family business together in a small town nearby, a town very similar to the ones I write about. Our younger son works with us too. At home, four fine cats and a collie dog act as my muses. And three years ago we welcomed our first grandchild, darling Ona Mae. I am truly blessed!

I love to connect with my readers and other authors. Please feel free to email me at nolacross@gmail.com, or friend me on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/nola.cross I also invite you to check out my website: http://www.nolacross.com 

The authors of Psychic Seductions are giving away 2 $20 Amazon Gift Cards to celebrate the release of this spectacular collection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment